Prevention of Sexual Harassment- Safe Campus
Have you been harassed? We want to know!
TAU strives to be an institution that maintains respectful work, research and study environment
TAU strives to be an institution that maintains respectful work, research and study environment, without sexual harassment or maltreatment originating from sexual harassment.
The laws of the state of Israel and TAU regulations prohibit both sexual harassment and maltreatment originating from sexual harassment, as well as intimate relations in the context of an authority relationship.
Sexual harassment is one of the following behaviors, briefly described below (according to the Law for the Prevention of Sexual Harassment, 1998):
Sexual harassment is:
- Forcing a person through extortion or threats to perform an act of a sexual nature.
- Indecent acts.
- Repeated proposals of a sexual nature addressed to a person who has shown that he/she is not interested in these proposals. In the context of authority relations – there is no need to show lack of consent.
- Recurring comments addressed to a person about his/her sexuality, when that person has shown that he/she is not interested in these comments.In the context of authority relations – there is no need to show lack of consent.
- A debasing or humiliating attitude toward a person regarding his/her gender or sexuality, including his/her sexual preferences.
- Publicizing a photograph, video or recording which focuses on a person's sexuality, under circumstances in which the publicity can debase or humiliate that person, and he/she has not consented to the publicity.
Such references/comments can be written, spoken or presented through a visual or auditory display such as a PC, cellphone etc.
Pestering deriving from sexual harassment:
Abuse of any kind originating from sexual harassment or a complaint filed about sexual harassment.
If you're in doubt – there is no doubt! Contact us, ask for advice. Every complaint will be checked and handled discreetly, quickly, professionally and thoroughly.
To report, complain or ask for advice please contact the Commission for the Prevention of Sexual Harassment:
Prof. Tamar Brosh
Coordinating Commissioner for the Prevention of Sexual Harassment
Dr. Na`ama Scheftelowitz
Commissioner for the Prevention of Sexual Harassment
Amendment to TAU Sexual Harassment Procedure 01-015
|Document||summary of cases handled by the
Commission in the 2015-16 academic year
|Document||Letter to all members of TAU January 2021|